PRIORITIZING GIVING IN YOUR BUDGET
The Bible indicates giving is to be a “first” and not a last or left-over matter in my life. Read Proverbs 3:9-10. It is easy to let our standards and intentions be compromised by the press of expenses and billing cycles.
Contributions can be made to Zion United Methodist Church of Iona in a number of ways:
- Use your offering envelopes to assure your contribution goes to the fund of your choice: Current Budget – Capital Improvements – Missions
- Automatic monthly payments can be made from your checking or savings account on the 15th or 30th of each month. To register for this automatic transfer of funds, contact the Treasurer, Diana Beaver, for the proper authorization forms.
- Donation in Kind – Worship materials or supplies, etc. for the church that you would like to pay for individually can be credit to your giving account as a “donation in kind.”
- Memorial gifts can be designated in memory of a loved one, or can be donated through your will.
- In general, contributions can be made by sending a check to the Church Office with a notation that it is a donation.
If you do not have offering envelopes and would like to have them, please contact either the Treasurer or the Church Office at 717-273-2958 and they will be provided for you.
A giving statement is sent at the end of each year to each individual using offering envelopes to identify their giving account. This statement is provided to allow you to deduct your donations on your income tax return if you itemize your deductions, or just for your own personal record.
Any questions regarding the above should be addressed to the Treasurer, Diana Beaver.